Establishment of the Finnish Energy Club
- In Jan. 2010 the Russian Ministry of Energy and the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on co-operation in energy efficiency and renewable energy sources.
- Finnish-Russian Energy Club was established in August 2010 to implement the above mentioned MoU.
- In Dec. 2010, the more detailed MoU was signed between the Russian Energy Agency and the Finnish-Russian Energy Club in St. Petersburg in attendance of the prime ministers of both countries.
- In spring 2015 Finnish-Russian Energy Club decided to expand its activity area outside Russian Federation e.g. Kazakhstan, Belarus and Ukraine and to use Finnish Energy Club name since that.
- In June 2017, China District heating association and Finland energy club signed the strategic cooperation agreement on heating energy technology and projects between China District heating association and Finland energy club.